The suspension fork is a part found on many dirt bikes designed for off-road or rough terrain riding. This part helps absorb shocks and vibrations from the ground, which can improve rider comfort and control.
Over time, the internal parts of the suspension fork will start to wear down due to the stresses of regular riding. This can lead to a decrease in performance, such as a loss of damping control or reduced suspension travel. When this happens, a fork rebuild may be needed. Here’s what the fork rebuild process entails:
- We’ll start by removing the fork from the bike and then taking it apart to access its internal components.
- We’ll thoroughly clean all the parts to remove dirt, grime, and old lubricants and then evaluate the condition of the components.
- Once we assess the condition of the fork suspension, we’ll install replacement parts, such as O-rings, wipers, or seals, as needed.
- After the new parts are installed, we’ll apply lubricants to ensure smooth operation and to prevent friction.
- Finally, we’ll put the fork back together carefully, following all manufacturer guidelines. We’ll finish off the process by compressing and rebounding the fork to make sure it functions properly and responds well to pressure.
A fork rebuild can significantly improve the way your suspension fork performs, reinforcing its ability to absorb shocks and provide better control during rides. If you need someone to do a fork rebuild on your bike, contact us at Art of War Suspension Technologies today.Top of Form